We welcome you in the name of our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! At St. Mark's, we have the mission of sharing the good news of Jesus' love with others and therefore we would enjoy having you visit us and join in our worship service. While here at our website, take a look around, get to know more about St. Mark's and maybe set aside a date to come and visit us. Also, check our site often as we are continually updating content.
Our Worship Schedule:
-Sunday - 8:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
-Adult Bible Study - Sundays at 9:15 a.m (Year-round).
-Sunday School at 9:15 a.m. (September thru May)
-Wednesday - 6:00 p.m. (Contemporary Worship)
St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 600 Stevens Dr., Wausau, WI 54401. Office: 715-848-5511. Click for directions.
Can't make it to church? Enjoy our broadcast of worship services on Cable Channel 98/980-
11:00 AM Tuesday Mornings, 6:00 PM Wednesday Evenings, and 7:00 AM Thursday Mornings. You can also view our sermons online.
-Click here for the latest update from St. Mark's (3-30-20)-
To our St. Mark’s Family,
Thank you to all of our leadership, staff, and volunteers
who have diligently supported our ministry throughout this time of difficulty concerning coronavirus COVID-19. We are doing our best to keep up to date and informed as our nation, state, county, and city continue to adjust to the spread of the virus. Our main concern is to be in the best compliance we can with state mandates, while at the same time being a respite in this time of uncertainty. Change can occur quite rapidly, so our goal is to address our congregation on a week to week basis. Below are hyperlinks that will take you directly to our Facebook page and website. We will also be communicating through mass email and text for any sudden changes that may occur as we progress along.
If you have not liked our Facebook page
yet, click on the following link https://www.facebook.com/St-Marks-Lutheran-Church-LCMS-116928524993383/?epa=SEARCH_BOX
Find the blue “Like” box and click on it to subscribe to our Facebook page. You will be updated on the going’s on at church.
If you are wanting to make your offerings
to church, but do not plan on attending worship, here are the following options.
1. Mail in your offering envelopes – 600 Stevens Drive, Wausau, WI 54401
2. Drop off your offering envelopes at church to Jean in our front office
3. Sign up for online giving by filling out the Simply Giving form and mailing it to Attn: Sharon at St. Mark’s. Here is the link for Simply Giving https://stmarkswausau.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/Simply-Giving-Authorization-Form.pdf
As mentioned previously we will be evaluating everything on a week to week basis. For now here is an update on what is going on currently at St. Mark’s.
-All public worship and ministries at St. Mark’s are suspended until further notice.
Our hope is to resume worship starting 4/5/20 on Palm Sunday and the beginning of Holy Week. As you know things can change quickly, and if our quarantine extends beyond Easter, all local LCMS churches will pick a later date to celebrate Holy Week and Easter. You will receive updates weekly through Facebook, email, text, and our website. Click on the hyperlinks listed above.
-Online services going forward
– All services will be pre-recorded and posted around the general service times. Wednesday Lent service will be posted at 6:00 PM. This week 3/18 may be without music, since it is such short notice. Sunday Worship and Wednesday Lent services after this week should be very similar to what you would expect when you attend St. Mark’s except without the people :) Sunday worship will be posted around 8:00 am. Bulletins will be available to print off of our website, and will be sent out via email before the services are posted online.
-Concerning food and beverages
- The EASTER BREAKFAST HAS BEEN CANCELLED, since the date of Easter is so close to everybody coming back. Also, the quarantine time could very well go over Easter, and the amount of planning it takes for the people involved is not worth the potential of it being cancelled.
-If you do not have a computer
- Our services will also be shown during the regular times on channel 980 on Tuesday at 11:00 am, Wednesday at 6:00 pm, and Thursday at 7:00 pm. All sermons will also be archived on our website, and can be accessed through the following link. https://stmarkswausau.org/currents/sermons/sermon-archives/
Just click on 2020 Sermons and the list will expand for you to view.
calls have been postponed for Pastor Eric, the Lay Ministry, and all other volunteers, since that is a vulnerable segment of the population and should remain isolated. In many cases the resident facilities are not even accepting visitors. Once a normal church routine resumes, we will start up with our shut in calls again.
-IF YOU HAVE AN EMERGENCY…HOSPICE, ACCIDENT, OR ANY OTHER TYPE OF EXTREME SITUTATION – CALL PASTOR ERIC – 507-993-5564.
Hospitals, nursing homes, and all assisted living facilities are being very guarded with who comes in and out, but please let Pastor Eric know if you need him! I will gladly Facetime, Skype, or speak over the phone if needed.
-All Midweek lessons
are cancelled through the week of Easter. Essentially two lessons will be missed during this time off. For the 4th and 6th graders nothing will be required of you.
For the 5th, 7th, and 8th graders I will be posting two lessons to our church Facebook page. You will be required to watch both of the videos. I will send out the specific homework to the 7th and 8th graders from the Catechetical Helps workbook. For the 5th graders we will assume that Holy Week, and specifically Maundy Thursday, will be the first time you take communion. We will arrange a time before the service to do a dry run at the altar, so you can go through the communion process firsthand. I will also walk you through the process in the sanctuary with the Facebook video.
For your own personal safety and the safety of others:
-If you are sick with any signs of the flu or any type of cold, please remain home, and self-quarantine.
-If you have traveled outside of the state or country in any way please take precautionary measures to make sure it is safe for you to be amongst people at church. Consider the following website for advice on how to make the best decision https://www.dhs.wisconsin.gov/covid-19/index.htm
Please stay up to date with the ministry of St. Mark’s by checking our website and Facebook for any and all updates. Also, if you are not on the mass email or text message list, please get your information to Jean at our front desk and she will include you going forward. Jean’s email is firstname.lastname@example.org.
Perhaps this time of confusion could end up being a great time of reflection, time with family, and a general slowing down in the pace of life. With potentially more time in our homes and with our family this could be a great time to re-connect with each other, and re-connect with God by reading His Bible. In all things we leave our coming in and our going out in the hands of our Living Lord and Savior. Lift up your prayers to your Lord and God whose will is perfect and promises are already fulfilled through His Son Jesus Christ.
In His Name,
Here are the latest announcements or scroll down for a quick list of upcoming events and important information:
- Upcoming Scripture Readings - If you would like to read ahead, here are the scripture readings for Maundy Thursday, April 9th: 1 Corinthians 11:23-32, John 13:1-5, 34-35 . The sermon text is Exodus 12:1-14 and the message will be based on this reading with the theme of the story itself being told and the meal’s meaning today. The bulletin can be downloaded by clicking on this link. You can see previous readings or more upcoming readings by clicking this link.
Click here for our complete church calendar.
Are you interested in helping with the U.S. census? Follow this link or click on the image below to find out more.