We welcome you in the name of our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ! At St. Mark's, we have the mission of sharing the good news of Jesus' love with others and therefore we would enjoy having you visit us and join in our worship service. While here at our website, take a look around, get to know more about St. Mark's and maybe set aside a date to come and visit us. Also, check our site often as we are continually updating content.
Our Worship Schedule:
-Sunday - 8:00 a.m. & 10:30 a.m.
-Adult Bible Study - Sundays at 9:15 a.m (Year-round).
-Sunday School at 9:15 a.m. (September thru May)
-Wednesday - 6:00 p.m. (Contemporary Worship)
St. Mark's Lutheran Church, 600 Stevens Dr., Wausau, WI 54401. Office: 715-848-5511. Click for directions.
Can't make it to church? Enjoy our broadcast of worship services on Cable Channel 98/980-
11:00 AM Tuesday Mornings, 6:00 PM Wednesday Evenings, and 7:00 AM Thursday Mornings. You can also view our sermons online.
-Click here for the latest update from St. Mark's (6-2-20)-
Statement on Re-Opening: (Posted 5-20-20.)
Dear St. Mark’s Family,
Thank you to everyone for your acts of encouragement, support, and service to this ministry during what has proven to be unprecedented times. If there is one thing that has been gleaned from this time apart it is that St. Mark’s is truly blessed by its staff, volunteers, and the people who help this ship stay afloat. Certain aspects of church adjustments have been easier and others have been more difficult, but your flexibility and grace have made the learning process go as smooth as possible.
I first want to share a special thank you to the people who have consistently helped out through this process: Matt Duranceau - for audio & visual, Justin Taylor - for technology, to ALL of our musical talent - Dan, Justin, Matt and Jody, Dawn, Bob, Kristen and Caleb, Ella, Jamie, Brad, Earl, Lucas, and Helaina, to Jason - for above and beyond cleaning and camera work, to Sharon and Joan - for balancing our finances, to Jean - for managing the front office, to Jan and Jean’s teams – for counting offerings, to Bob - for helping lead the congregation, and to our Properties Ministry for all the projects they worked on. I know we probably missed some of you inadvertently, but just know that we are grateful!!!
Service will resume as normal starting May 31st meaning Sunday Worship will be at 8:00 & 10:30 with Adult Bible Study in between, and Wednesday Worship at 6:00. Child care will be provided during Adult Bible Study, so that parents with children can attend. This will be our summer schedule going forward. We took a church sampling and about 140 people stated they plan on coming initially, which allows for us to worship as all other churches at a 25% capacity of overall seating. We also think having a normal, consistent schedule will allow people to better trickle in at their own comfort levels. Online worship will remain exactly the same for all those who will not be coming in. Also, a live stream will be available to view in the Fellowship Hall on Sundays for convenience, comfort, or potential spillover of people.
Changes you will see at services:
• No contact services
– greeters with no contact, offering plates in Narthex, no use of the friendship and registration pads, bulletins to pick up on your own and drop off in bins on the way out, no hymnals temporarily for cleaning purposes, children will remain in their seats for the children’s message, no common cup for communion, and families can sit together but social distance from everyone else. Everyone will be able to follow along with the bulletin and through PowerPoint, as the liturgy and worship music will remain the same. Also, if you would prefer to wear a mask to church that is a choice we will leave with each of you. Please be considerate of others before sharing your own opinion of what you think is best. Keeping this humble attitude will allow for the best atmosphere upon our return.
•Adult Bible Study
– families can sit together but social distance from everyone else, coffee will be served by the staff in disposable cups, no food will be offered except the Word of God which you are welcome to consume. We will be covering the book of Hebrews beginning on 6/7/2020. As stated before childcare will be provided for parents of children who want to attend.
– Jason has been doing an excellent job of cleaning and sterilizing everything, and that will continue as we ease back into normalcy. The Fellowship Hall will be cleaned before and after each Bible study and any gathering.
The Sanctuary will be cleaned before, after, and in between each of the services. The bathrooms will be sanitized between each of the Sunday worship services. The outside doorknobs will be cleaned in between services as well. Also, to keep things as safe as possible please remain only in necessary areas of church: Narthex, Sanctuary, Fellowship Hall, and Bathrooms.
•If you feel sick or have any sort of exposure to Covid – 19
– We would ask that you stay home and enjoy our online services being provided.
•If your health is considered to be more vulnerable
- We would ask that you stay home and enjoy our online services being provided. This would mean a compromised immune systems or any underlying health conditions.
Important Dates coming up:
•New Adult Bible Study
starts Sunday, June 7th on the Book of Hebrews. Come join us!
for 5th graders will take place at the 8:00 service on 6/14/2020.
will be honored at the 10:30 service on 6/14/2020. Our three students Micayla Borchardt, Paige Kuehl, and Zoe Zander will be sharing their Statements of Faith.
•VOTER’S MEETING on June 14th
– You will want to be at this one! We will be presenting a new proposed church governance model to test run for a year. The Voter’s Meeting will proceed directly after the second service on Sunday. Also, an overall update on finances and St. Mark’s overall ministry will be given as well.
•New Member Classes
– We are hopefully looking to have another big group of people. The class will be three two-hour sessions: Thursday, June 4th from 6:00-8:00 pm, Tuesday, June 9th from 6:00-8:00 pm, and Thursday, June 11th from 6:00-8:00 pm. Please alert Pastor Eric if you plan on attending at email@example.com.
•New Sermon Series
– A seven week sermon series starting Sunday, June 7th. The series will be called What if…
, and it will consider the value of God’s people following their Lord throughout Scripture and how God uses His people today in the exact same way. What If…God’s people didn’t obey then, and What If…we don’t obey in our lives today.
I sincerely cannot wait to worship with you all again, but at the same time be sensible as you transition back into worship. You know your own situation best and what your health concerns may or may not be. We will still be offering the same online experience as we go forward, and this should accommodate to everyone’s needs as we go forward.
Regardless of how the days ahead are arranged I am thankful that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever! So we can always praise the Lord! Praise God in His sanctuary; praise Him in His mighty heavens! Praise Him for His mighty deeds; praise Him according to His excellent greatness! Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!
Here are the latest announcements or scroll down for a quick list of upcoming events and important information:
- Upcoming Scripture Readings - If you would like to read ahead, here are the scripture readings for Sunday, June 7th: Proverbs 3:5-8, Matthew 24:36-39. The sermon text is Genesis 6:1-22 with a theme of "What If...Noah had not trusted in God?" The bulletin can be downloaded by clicking on this link. You can see previous readings or more upcoming readings by clicking this link.
The latest Bible study can be accessed from the "Currents" drop-down menu at the top of the page.
Click here for our complete church calendar.
Are you interested in helping with the U.S. census? Follow this link or click on the image below to find out more.