Sunday School Ministry
Purpose: To make a lasting impact in the lives of children through telling them about Jesus, making learning about God fun. Helping them to become part of Sunday school and the church, and to build a strong foundation of faith in Jesus Christ each Sunday.
Our curriculum, “Growing in Christ”, places strong emphasis on the Bible, and it’s stories, so that they know the people in them and understand their Christian faith. Each week each age level learn the same story, giving opportunity for families to discuss God’s Word at home. There are 130 NEW illustrations of Bible people and stories. The message is to help families speak the faith to one another. Sunday school is on Sundays from 9:15-10:15 am.
- Pray for students
- Be a teacher/assistant
- Be a substitute
- Help serve food at a function
- Help with bulletin boards
- Help with the children’s Christmas program
- Help with Rally Day
- Be on the Board of Education (meets 1x per month, but not in the summer)
- Help with Random Acts of Kindness (such as putting seed packets with a note on cars)
- Help put student Christmas gift bags together
- Staple “Sunday school to go” summer devotion packets together
- Volunteer to do the “Backpack Ministry”
**Make a difference in a child’s life**
***This program would not be possible without YOU !!!***
Why Sunday School Is Important
What if your church had no Sunday school? What if you had never attended Sunday school? What would be the state of your spiritual condition? What blessings would you have missed?
- Sunday school improves your “Bible Knowledge”. When you know and understand God’s Word, you are more likely to obey the Lord. The Bible knowledge gained in Sunday school also helps you become better at using the Bible.
- Sunday school assists your “Spiritual Growth”. Think of Sunday school teachers and class members who have modeled the Christian life, you learned from their examples.
- Sunday school provides a place to “Belong”. You can share needs and concerns from your life. As you participate in class discussions, you become part of the group.
- Sunday school helps you build meaningful “Relationships”. You meet people, learn their names, and meet their families. You share fellowship times with class members.
- Sunday school gives you opportunities to “Serve and Minister”. Contact with others gives you the privilege of sharing your faith and the love of Jesus.
- Sunday school is a place for the “Whole Family”. In one trip to church your entire family can participate in the important purposes of Bible study, fellowship, discipleship, ministry, and evangelism. You gain the assurance of knowing every member of your family is involved in weekly Bible study, which is growing their Bible knowledge and helping them grow spiritually.